Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I can explain...

I bet you’re wondering about the name of this blog.  More likely, I bet you’re wondering what ninja powers I used to come up with such an incredibly awesome badass title.  Well, while I’d love for everyone to believe I conjured it using some superhuman blog-naming power, I honestly can’t take the credit.  That goes to my good friend Melissa, and her Droid’s wonderful autocorrecting tendencies.  In order to fully understand how the naming of this blog came to be, I should probably give you all a little background information.
Mel and I are best friends from college, and for anyone who’s ever met her/heard stories about her/read her blog Preposterous Pace, you know she’s, well…awkward.  A few months ago, I mentioned she should start documenting her dysfunctions in a blog (complete with pictures, of course) because if she didn’t write this shit down, no one would ever believe it happened.  She did, the blog’s hilarious, and I found myself inspired. 
Just one problem: I needed a name for my blog. 
I helped Mel come up with hers, but I was drawing blanks when it came to naming one for myself.  We tossed ideas around for a couple days, neither of us coming up with anything particularly brilliant.  I had finally decided on “Shades of Gray” over options such as “These are My Thoughts. You can Agree or STFU,” “That Awkward Moment When You Realized I’m More Awesome Than You,” and “Sarcasm is an Art, Bitch.”  I still wasn’t 100% satisfied though.  While waiting around for inspiration to strike, I found out that a production of RENT I was in over the summer (yes, I sing and dance around on stages in my spare time) had been nominated for 5 IRNE Awards.  For those of you not involved in theater (musical or otherwise), the IRNEs are kind of like the Boston area theater scene’s version of the Tony Awards, only less prestigious and stuff.  Anywho, my production was nominated for 5 of these Awards including Best Musical, which is pretty freaking awesome if you ask me.  I texted Mel to share my excitement about my famousness and her Droid decided to change her congratulatory text of “You know by musical they mean singing…” to “You know by musical they moan so ginger...” 
THANK YOU, AUTOCORRECT!
And thus, the name “Moan So Ginger” was bestowed upon my blog.  What does it mean?  I have no idea, but it's badass and sounds fucking cool.  I sincerely hope everyone I know follows Mel's lead and tells me to "moan so ginger" instead of "break a leg" before all future theatrical productions. 
So as far as this blog is concerned, I honestly do not know what kind of things I will be posting about, but it will most likely be random comments about other people’s stupidity or my general lack of a “life” due to my addiction to extracurricular activities.  Both are fair game, so expect a nice blend of both.  Kinda like a smoothie, only with sarcasm and judgment instead of fruit and juice/booze.

3 comments:

  1. I think it goes without saying that one should not google "moan so ginger". Actually, do.

    Also, Alycia is being a bit modest. She doesn't just participate in extracurricular activities. She rocks them. I'm not just saying that because we're friends. One day when she stops being so busy, I'm dragging her to "The Voice" Auditions. You'll vote for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog world! I'm gladly hopping over here after Mel's recommendation :)

    Moan So Ginger. I like it.

    Carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Britt! I'm thinking I could get used to this whole blogging thing :)

    ReplyDelete